Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman
You love the calmness that night brings you. You enjoy working independently and at your own pace. You are a real linguist and learn quickly. Multitasking is not a problem for you and you can combine different tasks efficiently. When things are quieter, you know how to keep busy and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves. You are ready to take charge of the hoover, rearrange the meeting room or tidy up the reception area.
Place of work
European business, this is Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman. It is located in the heart of Brussels’ European district, between Parc du Cinquantenaire and Parc Léopold. With perfect accessibility, you are a 3-minute walk from the metro station which gives direct access to Brussels Midi Station and Brussels Airport. Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman has 64 renovated rooms equipped with all the standard facilities of a four-star hotel. The interior is modern and playful. “The Traveler” brasserie serves a variety of tasty dishes. It is an extensive menu for all tastes. There is a pleasant professional working atmosphere.
The Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman is part of a larger company called PREM Hospitality. PREM Hospitality is a management company that specialises in managing hotels. PREM Hospitality is of Irish origin and has grown significantly across Europe in recent years. PREM Hospitality Continental Europe is headquartered in Ghent, Belgium. PREM Hospitality has developed a collection of different hotels and serviced flats in more than 20 different locations.
At PREM Group, we believe in always doing the right thing. This ethos works on both a commercial and human level. We have a practical, entrepreneurial spirit.
We evolve and adapt, making smart commercial decisions that are performance-driven, but mainly we work with a higher purpose. We strive to set industry standards.
We want PREM Group to be synonymous with quality and innovation.
The PREM Group principle of doing the right thing trickles down through our organizations. It means doing the right thing for stakeholders, for our people, for our guest, for the industry we love and ultimately for our guests.
“Do the right thing”
As a hotel, we want to exceed our guests’ expectations in everything we do by recruiting a dedicated team of people who work creatively and ethically in the interest of the individual, society and the business.
As a night receptionist, you will be responsible for performing general front office duties and audit work by closing the previous day and laying the groundwork for the next day. You will also supervise and perform guard duties.
– Front office tasks: You welcome guests and check them in and out. You operate the switchboard and answer any questions, complaints or problems a guest may have. You are the point of contact for the guests. You help where needed and try to make guests feel at home.
– Handovers: A smooth and efficient handover between shifts is necessary to ensure service quality. You discuss what happened, what should still be done and any unforeseen circumstances to anticipate as best as possible.
– Service: serving guests at the bar, in the restaurant and preparing meals. Cleaning up the bar and restaurant and preparing the breakfast buffet. Taking room service to the rooms.
– Supervision and monitoring: You oversee the correct course of events and ensure safety according to house rules and fire safety procedures. If necessary, you implement the emergency plan, identify problems and take appropriate action. You can also remove unwanted guests and make night noise stop in and around the hotel.
– Administration: The day’s administration is checked, completed and executed. A big part of the night shift is the bank statements. Any discrepancies are identified, reported and rectified. Administration during the day is continued during the night. Checking city ledger, booking daily receipts, booking guest accounts, preparing various (turnover) statements, checking and printing invoices.
– Point of contact: Within the hotel, you are the point of contact to whom guests can turn with their questions, problems and complaints. Guests look to you to show them around the hotel and the city.
This range of tasks is not exhaustive.
The range of duties in this job description is intended to reflect the main tasks and level of work performed. It is not intended to reflect all responsibilities or qualifications of the position.
This is you
Hospitality: You act from the needs and wishes of guests.
Flexibility: You are able to switch behavioural styles under different and changing circumstances to work effectively and purposefully.
Teamwork/collaboration, inclusiveness and intercultural attitude: You are able to consult, agree and cooperate with others in realising assignments and projects.
Creativity & innovation: You are able to think of alternatives and step outside existing frameworks.
Planning – organising – structuring: You can plan and organise activities and work effectively.
Performance motivation: You continuously improve (your own) performance and results of your own accord.
Communication + social skills (language skills): You can communicate messages clearly so that the purpose of the message is understood.
Problem analysis (problem-solving thinking): You are able to get a good overview of a complex matter.
Meticulousness: You are able to work accurately with an eye for details and connections.
Listening skills: You can extract the essence from spoken words and encourage the other person to get his/her message across.
Stress-resistance: You are able to continue to act and function efficiently under time pressure, in the face of resistance, setbacks and in tense, uncertain situations.
Positively curious: you enjoy learning and take the initiative to learn new things in order to broaden your knowledge.
Directing leadership: You can lead employees so that they can achieve their goals.
Knowledge and meaningful skills:
You obtained at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in hotel management.
You are fluent in Dutch and master at least another language.
You have sufficient digital skills.
Working for us means
Working for us is more than a 9-5 office job. Work/life balance is central. Using flexible hours, you plan your hours in the way that best suits your life. This creates a unique work/life balance that characterises jobs within the hotel sector. Hospitality work is a unique industry where you can meet fascinating people from all over the world. Your colleagues can also be a great support. You get the chance to create connections that will last a lifetime. You will make friends for life.
Hotel work opens doors and PREM helps you do that. Through training and education, you can continue to develop and grow yourself. Hard work within hotels is rewarded with unique benefits. Like discounts for you, your family and friends within our hotels.
Wherever you come from, there is a place for you in our hotel. With us, we look at your skills, ambitions and talents. Your age, gender, orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, ethnicity, nationality or any other characteristic play no role in measuring your competences.
Within our hotels, the following values and standards are central; a passionate team that is mindful of their job and their place within the organisation. We also require you to be performance-oriented in your job, both individually and collegially. Hard-working people who are down to earth are the perfect addition to our hotel.
Interested? Apply now via the form below or directly by emailing to Nora at email@example.com