F & B Supervisor
voco™ Brussels City North
voco™ Brussels City North is looking for a Restaurant supervisor!
As a restaurant supervisor, there’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of delivering outstanding service to our valued guests. Your boundless enthusiasm and energy are what truly set you apart. Your unique ability to impart your extensive product knowledge to our guests is exceptional. You ensure that our delectable meals and beverages seamlessly make their way to our patrons. You take pride in creating a fantastic home-away-from-home experience for our guests.
While actively participating in the daily operations of our F&B outlets, you also possess the invaluable skill of efficiently managing your time. By the end of your shift, you’ve successfully handled all administrative responsibilities. Rosters and timesheets are meticulously maintained, and your colleagues are always well-informed about ongoing matters. In any situation where processes encounter hiccups, your innovative problem-solving skills can be consistently relied upon.
In the role of restaurant supervisor, you play a vital part in ensuring our guests’ satisfaction and the smooth operation of our establishment.
Place of employment
Located on Living Tomorrow’s innovation campus, the brand new voco™ Brussels City North is easily accessible via major highways and just a ten-minute drive from Brussels Airport. Rooms are designed with high-quality bedding, eco-friendly amenities and offer a personal voco™ touch. Our experience rooms offer the latest technologies in your room. Meetings, conferences, gatherings or parties? We have the perfect solution for you, all equipped with state-of-the-art technology. Our bar, restaurant and terrace are the perfect place to relax after a busy day. The free gym is offered to all guests, perfect for a good workout.
The voco™ Brussels City North is part of a larger company called PREM Hospitality. PREM Hospitality is a hotel management company that specialises in managing hotels. Originally of Irish origin, PREM Hospitality has grown significantly across Europe in recent years. PREM Hospitality Continental Europe is headquartered in Ghent, Belgium. PREM Hospitality has developed a collection of different hotels and serviced flats in more than 20 different locations.
At PREM Group, we believe in always doing the right thing. This ethos works on both a commercial and human level. We have a practical, entrepreneurial spirit. We evolve and adapt, making smart commercial decisions that are performance-driven, but mainly we work with a higher purpose. We strive to set industry standards. We want PREM Group to be synonymous with quality and innovation. The PREM Group principle of doing the right thing trickles down through our organisations. It means doing the right thing for stakeholders, for our people, for our guests, for the industry we love and ultimately for our guests.
“Do the right thing”
As a hotel, we want to exceed our guests’ expectations in everything we do by recruiting a dedicated team of people who work creatively and ethically in the interest of the individual, society and the business.
As Restaurant supervisor, you are responsible for service in our F&B outlets, responding to guest expectations and requirements. You are responsible for preparing and serving drinks and dishes. You also take care of taking orders, noting reservation requests and checkout in the restaurant. You will act as host and advisor (in their choices) to the guests.
- Leadership: As a supervisor, you are the coach and mentor of the entire F&B team. They come to you with their questions. You are their point of contact. You lead the F&B department in the right direction.
- Serving the guests: welcoming the guests and escorting them to their tables, giving menu and drink advice, taking orders, clearing tables and covering them again, being permanently attentive to the guests’ needs and wishes, dealing with complaints, preparing buffets, preparing meals yourself if necessary, preparing drinks, serving dishes and drinks, working according to the applicable hygiene standards;
Preparing simple dishes: Guests who decide to eat something in the hotel can order small meals in the restaurant. These should then also be prepared in the kitchen by you.
Helping where needed: We work as 1 team. There will sometimes be jumping in for the front office assistant, this could be about making a Starbucks or taking a phone call, welcoming guests. Possibly there may even be jumping in for housekeeping if this proves necessary. You will make sure that guests lack nothing and sometimes this may mean assisting where needed.
- Contributing ideas: Propose new ideas and get to work with a creative touch. This could be about designing a new menu, a new dish or a new way to organise shifts. New insights and creative ideas can help improve guests’ experience and employees’ well-being.
This range of tasks is not limited.
This is you
- Hospitality: You act on the needs and wishes of guests.
- Flexibility: You are able to switch behavioral styles under different and changing circumstances to work effectively and purposefully.
- Teamwork/collaboration, inclusive and intercultural attitude: You are able to consult, agree and cooperate with others in realizing assignments and projects.
- Creativity & innovation: You are able to think of alternatives and step outside existing frameworks.
- Planning – organising – structuring: You can plan and organise activities and work effectively.
- Performance motivation: You continuously improve (your own) performance and results of your own accord.
- Communication + social skills (language skills): You can communicate messages clearly so that the purpose of the message is understood.
- Problem analysis (problem-solving thinking): You are able to get a good overview of a complex matter.
- Meticulousness: You are able to work accurately with an eye for details and connections.
- Listening skills: You can extract the essence from spoken words and encourage the other person to get his/her message across.
- Stress-resistance: You are able to continue to act and function efficiently under time pressure, in the face of resistance, setbacks and in tense, uncertain situations.
- Positively curious: you enjoy learning and take the initiative to learn new things in order to broaden your knowledge.
- Directing leadership: You can lead employees so that they can achieve their objectives.
Knowledge and meaningful skills:
- You obtained at least a secondary diploma, preferably hotel school.
- You speak Dutch fluently and master at least another second language.
- You have sufficient digital skills.
Working for us means
Working for us is more than a 9-5 office job. Work/life balance is central. Using flexible hours, you plan your hours in the way that best suits your life. This creates a unique work/life balance that characterises jobs within the hotel sector. Hospitality work is a unique industry where you can meet fascinating people from all over the world. Your colleagues can also be a great support. You get the chance to create connections that will last a lifetime. You will make friends for life.
Hotel work opens doors and PREM helps you do that. Through training and education, you can continue to develop and grow yourself. Hard work within hotels is rewarded with unique benefits. Like discounts for you, your family and friends within our hotels.
Wherever you come from, there is a place for you at our hotel. With us, we look at your skills, ambitions and talents. Your age, gender, orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, ethnicity, nationality or any other characteristic play no role in measuring your competences.
Within our hotels, the following values and standards are central; a passionate team that is mindful of their job and their place within the organisation. We also require you to be performance-oriented in your job, both individually and collegially. Hard-working people who are down to earth are the perfect addition to our hotel.
Will we see you soon?
Are you ready to join our great team and further develop your culinary skills? Do you constantly strive for improvement and are you ready for the next step in your career?
Then apply now using the form below or send your CV and email to general manager Wim Maervoet: email@example.com
See you soon!