Deputy General Manager
voco™ Brussels City North
Hotel General Manager
You appreciate the tranquility of working at night. You enjoy working independently and at your own pace. You have a knack for languages and quick learning. Multitasking is not a problem for you, allowing you to handle various tasks simultaneously. You find things to do during quieter moments and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves. You’re more than willing to quickly vacuum, check the meeting room’s order, or organize the reception area.
Located on the Living Tomorrow innovation campus, the brand new voco™ Brussels City North is easily accessible from major highways and only a ten-minute drive from Brussels Airport. The rooms feature high-quality bedding, eco-friendly amenities, and a personal touch from voco™. Our experience rooms offer the latest in-room technologies. Whether it’s meetings, conferences, gatherings, or parties, we have the perfect solution for you, all equipped with cutting-edge technology. Our bar, restaurant, and terrace are the ideal places to relax after a busy day. The free gym is available to all guests for a good workout.
voco™ Brussels City North is part of a larger group, PREM Hospitality. PREM Hospitality is a management company specializing in hotel management. PREM Hospitality is an Irish company that has experienced significant growth in Europe in recent years. The headquarters of PREM Hospitality Continental Europe is located in Ghent, Belgium. PREM Hospitality has developed a range of hotels and serviced apartments across more than 20 different locations.
At PREM Group, we consistently honor our motto “Do the right thing.” This ethos is reflected both in business and human aspects. We are driven by a practical and entrepreneurial spirit. We evolve and adapt, making business decisions primarily based on performance, but above all, we pursue a higher purpose. In fact, we aim to set industry standards. We want PREM Group to be synonymous with quality and innovation. PREM Group’s motto is ingrained in our DNA. We do what is right for all stakeholders, our employees, the industry we represent and love, and ultimately for the guests we receive: “Do the right thing.”
As a hotel, we aim to exceed the expectations of our guests in everything we do by recruiting a dedicated team whose members work creatively and ethically in the interest of individuals, society, and the company.
As a night receptionist, you are responsible for general front office tasks, as well as audit work to close the previous day and lay the foundation for the upcoming day. You also provide security and surveillance tasks.
- Front Office Tasks: You welcome and check-in guests, both upon arrival and departure. You manage the telephone switchboard and address any problems, questions, or complaints that guests may have. You are the point of contact for guests, assisting them as needed to create a home-like feeling.
- Transition: A smooth and efficient transition between different teams is essential to ensure the quality of service. You discuss the day’s events, outstanding issues, and any unforeseen circumstances to anticipate as much as possible.
- Service: You serve guests at the bar or restaurant and may prepare meals. You are responsible for maintaining the bar and restaurant and preparing the breakfast buffet. You record room service orders and ensure their delivery to guest rooms.
- Security and Surveillance: You monitor the smooth running of operations and ensure safety in accordance with internal regulations and fire safety procedures. If necessary, you implement the emergency plan, report problems, and take necessary actions. You are also capable of handling unwanted visitors and addressing nighttime disturbances in and around the hotel.
- Administrative Management: Daily administration is checked, completed, and executed. Bank statements are a significant part of night work. Any discrepancies are identified, reported, and corrected. Day administration is completed during the night, including checking the municipal register, recording the previous day’s revenues, recording guest accounts, preparing various summary reports (sales), and checking and printing invoices.
- Point of Contact: Within the hotel, you serve as the point of contact for guests’ questions, problems, and complaints. Guests turn to you for guidance, both in the hotel and in the city.
This list of tasks is not exhaustive.
The set of tasks outlined in this job description is intended to reflect your main tasks and the level of work performed. It is not intended to precisely specify all responsibilities or qualifications related to the role.
- Hospitality: You act based on the needs and wishes of our guests.
- Flexibility: You can adapt your approach under different changing circumstances to work efficiently and effectively.
- Teamwork/Collaboration and Inclusive and Intercultural Attitude: You can collaborate with others, make agreements, and work together to achieve missions and projects.
- Creativity & Innovation: You can imagine alternatives and think outside the box.
- Planning – Organization – Structuring: You can efficiently plan and organize activities and work.
- Motivation: You continually improve your (own) performance and results on your own initiative.
- Communication + Social Skills (Language Proficiency): You can communicate clearly so that the message’s purpose is well understood.
- Problem Analysis (Problem-Solving Focus): You can gain a good overview of complex issues.
- Precision: You can work with precision and attention to detail and relationships.
- Listening Ability: You can analyze the essence of verbal communication and encourage the other party to convey their message.
- Stress Resistance: You can act and function effectively under time pressure, resistance, delays, and in tense and uncertain situations.
- Positively Curious: You enjoy learning and take the initiative to acquire new knowledge.
- Effective Leadership: You can lead employees to help them achieve their goals.
Significant Knowledge and Skills
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in hotel management.
- You are fluent in Dutch and French and proficient in at least one other language.
- You have adequate digital skills.
Working with Us Means
Working with us is more than a 9-to-5 office job. Striking a balance between work and personal life is central. With a flexible schedule, you can plan your hours to best fit your life. This creates a unique work-life balance characteristic of the hotel sector. The hotel sector is a unique industry that allows you to meet exciting people from all over the world. Your colleagues can be a great support as well. You have the opportunity to build lifelong relationships and make friends for life.
Hotel work opens doors, and PREM helps you in this journey. Training opportunities allow you to grow and advance. Hotel work comes with unique benefits, such as discounts for you and your loved ones at our hotels.
Regardless of where you come from, there is a place for you in our hotel. We primarily assess your skills, ambitions, and talents. Your age, gender, orientation, gender identity, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, or any other characteristic does not play a role in evaluating your skills.
The following values and standards are central to our hotels: a passionate team that works attentively and has a place in our organization. We also ask you to prioritize performance in your work, both individually and collegially. Diligent and realistic workers are perfect complements for our hotels.
Are you ready to join our great team and further develop your culinary skills? Do you constantly strive for improvement and are you ready for the next step in your career?
Then apply now using the form below or send your CV and email to general manager Wim Maervoet: email@example.com
See you soon!