voco™ Brussels City North
Warmly welcoming guests is your passion. You’re a linguistic wizard and can adeptly cater to guests’ needs. Efficiently handling complaints is second nature to you. Your eye for detail doesn’t miss a thing. As a front office team member, you’re not just about functional tasks like check-ins, advice, and payment management. You also create a relaxing atmosphere where our guests feel at home at any time of the day. Quick learning is your strength, and you effortlessly handle the latest technological gadgets.
The brand-new voco™ Brussels City North is situated on the Living Tomorrow innovation campus, easily accessible via major highways, and just a ten-minute drive from Brussels Airport. The rooms are designed with high-quality bedding, eco-friendly amenities, and offer a personal voco™ touch. Our experience rooms feature the latest technologies right in your room. Whether it’s meetings, conferences, gatherings, or parties, we have the perfect solution for you, all equipped with state-of-the-art technology. Our bar, restaurant, and terrace provide the ideal spots to unwind after a busy day. A complimentary fitness center is available to all guests, perfect for a good workout.
voco™ Brussels City North is part of a larger company called PREM Hospitality. PREM Hospitality is a management company specializing in hotel management. Originally of Irish origin, PREM Hospitality has experienced significant growth across Europe in recent years. The continental Europe headquarters of PREM Hospitality is located in Ghent, Belgium. PREM Hospitality has developed a collection of various hotels and service apartments in more than 20 different locations.
At PREM Group, we believe in always doing the right thing. This ethos operates on both commercial and human levels. We have a practical, entrepreneurial spirit. We evolve and adapt, making smart performance-driven commercial decisions, but we primarily work with a higher purpose. We aim to set industry standards.
We want PREM Group to be synonymous with quality and innovation.
The PREM Group principle of doing the right thing permeates down through our organizations. It means doing the right thing for stakeholders, for our people, for our guests, for the industry we love, and ultimately for our guests.
“Do the right thing.”
As a hotel, we aim to exceed our guests’ expectations in everything we do by recruiting a dedicated team of individuals who work creatively and ethically for the benefit of the individual, society, and the business.
As a front office team member, you represent our hotel and provide our guests with a comfortable stay by offering information, service, and assistance. You ensure that our guests always come first and feel at home in our hotel.
- Reception: Warmly welcome guests during check-in and bid them farewell upon departure. Deliver quality service and exceed guests’ expectations to create an overall sense of home.
- Administration: Smooth and efficient communication with guests, colleagues, and other involved parties is crucial. Respond to incoming emails promptly and follow up. Complete all reservations up to billing. Ensure good communication and information flow at all levels within the hotel.
- Telephone Center: Answer calls and potentially forward them. Assist guests with their requests, including hotel room reservations, breakfast, lunch, and general inquiries to facilitate their stay.
- Cash Handling: Process payments, manage cash registers, reconcile cash at the end of the shift, and account for change.
- Organization: At the beginning of the day, check which guests will check-in and check-out to get a clear picture of how the rest of the day will unfold. Work closely with housekeeping, the restaurant, and the technical department to ensure smooth cooperation in the hotel.
- Handovers: Smooth and efficient handover between shifts is essential to ensure service quality. Discuss what has happened, what still needs to be done, and any unforeseen circumstances to anticipate as best as possible.
- Restaurant: The restaurant offers fast and delicious meals. Prompt guest service is expected.
- Atmosphere Setter: Create a pleasant atmosphere in the lobby. Light candles, vacuum the lobby, and greet guests. Maintain the general cleanliness of the lobby.
- Point of Contact: Within the hotel, you are the go-to person for guests with questions, issues, and complaints. Guests look to you for guidance within the hotel and the city.
This job description is not exhaustive.
It is intended to represent the key tasks and the level of work performed. It is not meant to encompass all responsibilities or qualifications of the role.
This is you
- Hospitality-oriented: You act based on guests’ needs and desires.
- Flexible: You can adapt your behavior under various and changing circumstances to work effectively and purposefully.
- Teamwork/Collaboration, Inclusive and Intercultural Attitude: You can collaborate, make agreements, and work together with others in accomplishing tasks and projects.
- Creativity & Innovation: You can brainstorm alternatives and think outside the existing frameworks.
- Planning – Organizing – Structuring: You can effectively plan and organize activities and tasks.
- Performance Motivation: You continuously improve (your own) performance and results voluntarily.
- Communication + Social Skills (language proficiency): You can convey messages clearly so that the message’s intent is understood.
- Problem Analysis (problem-solving thinking): You can gain a clear overview of a complex matter.
- Precision: You can work accurately with an eye for details and connections.
- Listening Skills: You can extract the essence from spoken words and encourage others to convey their message.
- Stress Resistance: You can efficiently act and function under time pressure, resistance, setbacks, and in tense, uncertain situations.
- Positively Curious: You enjoy learning and take initiative to acquire new knowledge to broaden your expertise.
- Leading with Guidance: You can lead employees to help them achieve their objectives.
Knowledge and Meaningful Skills:
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in hotel management.
- You speak fluent Dutch and have a good command of at least one other language.
- You possess sufficient digital skills.
Working with us means
Working with us is more than a 9-5 office job. Work/life balance is central. With flexible hours, you can plan your hours in a way that best suits your life. This creates a unique work/life balance that is characteristic of jobs in the hotel industry. Hospitality work is a unique industry where you can meet fascinating people from all over the world. Your colleagues can also be a great support. You have the opportunity to create connections that will last a lifetime. You make friends for life.
Hotel work opens doors, and PREM helps you along the way. Through training and education, you can continue to develop and grow. The hard work within the hotels is rewarded with unique benefits. This includes discounts for you, your family, and friends within our hotels.
Wherever you come from, there is a place for you in our hotel. We look at your skills, ambitions, and talents. Your age, gender, orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, ethnic background, nationality, or any other characteristic do not play a role in assessing your competencies.
Our hotels are characterized by the following values and norms: a passionate team that approaches their job and their role within the organization mindfully. We also expect you to be performance-driven in your job, both individually and collegially. Hardworking people who are down to earth are the perfect fit for our hotel.
Are you ready to join our great team and further develop your culinary skills? Do you constantly strive for improvement and are you ready for the next step in your career?
Then apply now using the form below or send your CV and email to general manager Wim Maervoet: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon